July 6th 2020
SEATS welcomes the decision by Infrastructure Australia to invite both Australia’s governments and non-government bodies to submit significant infrastructure projects to the updating of the 2020 Priority List.
SEATS Priority Projects includes the Mt Ousley to Hume Highway Upgrade, Princes Highway Upgrade including the SEATS Highway Resilience initiative, the Bass Coast Road Upgrades, the Gippsland Intermodal Freight Terminal (GIFT), the Monaro and Barton Road Upgrades and the Kings Highway Upgrade.
From the announcement: “We are inviting Australia’s governments and non-government bodies to submit nationally significant infrastructure problems and opportunities for consideration.
Submissions are welcome in all infrastructure sectors: energy, water, transport, telecommunications and social infrastructure, and should target issues affecting quality of life, productivity and/or the environment. We particularly welcome submissions that respond to the national initiatives added to the Priority List in 2020:
- Ensuring towns and cities have safe and secure water supplies
- Developing a national strategy for water
- Protecting coastal regions from inundation
- Addressing national waste and recycling management challenges
- Responding to national road maintenance issues
- Improving mobile telecommunications coverage in regional and remote areas
- Establishing an Indigenous art and cultural facilities program”